Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Magic of Draft

Well, now that I'm back on the blogging train, I figure I might as well try to keep some momentum, even if it's just a quick update about the minutiae of my day to day life.

Football kicked off today, which means another season of fretting over which Bengals player scored their lone touchdown. Just kidding, I don't have any Bengals on my fantasy squad. I like winning. I do have Aaron Rodgers, and while he did his usual amazing work, the Packers failed to notch the W. Oh well, I don't worry about that as much as I used too. Fantasy has slowly eroded my loyalty to any one team, as I'm more worried about individual performances. Also, I've been evolving as a Brewers fan for the last couple of years, and they've made me immune to losing.

Football as a whole is less important to me as it mostly takes place on Sunday afternoon, and I have taken up a new hobby that fills that time slot. Drafting Magic at the mall. I know it sounds nerdy, but it's a fun way to spend an afternoon playing games with entertaining people. I'd like to say I'm good at it, but I think luck has more to do with it. I do win on occasion, but i mostly just like the camaraderie. Growing my collection of cards doesn't hurt, either.

That's probably good for today.
Kevin

No comments: