Monday, December 29, 2008

The December Entry

So I pretty much suck at updating this. As you my be able to guess from the title, I'm at least hoping to post something once a month. More often if I remember, and/or actually have something to write about.

I guess the news I really want too share is that God is still working in my life. Usually when I go on one of my God kicks, I'm all pumped about doing the right thing for a few days, maybe a week or two, then it fades. Prime examples would be any time following a youth conference. Those are always a time to re-focus, but once all the lights and music fade, and when I'm not surrounded by gung-ho Christians, Satan definitely goes to work.

Perhaps the reason I'm still thinking about God a lot these days is that we're planting a new church in Eau Claire. Being involved with something like that...I don't know...it just makes me feel like God can use me. It's great having a new network of friends to do things with, made even better because everyone has the same goal. It's definitely exciting seeing God work in the Chippewa Valley to get this thing going. While I've been mildly disappointed at the turnouts to our sneak Preview Services, I know God has a plan, and that His Will will be accomplished. In the mean time, the Launch Team services that we have when we don't have a Sneak Preview seem to be succeeding. I plan on including more updates on the Bridge Church in my apparent monthly installments. Stay Tuned!

On a slightly related topic, the Progressive Dinner we had as a launch team was great, as was the Thanksgiving Dinner. As a young adult in this day and age, I feel blessed to be able to fellowship with others in a setting that doesn't involve alchohol or sex or drug references. It's nice to be able to Suit Up and get a good meal and just have some good old fashioned fun that doesn't require a power cord or a controller.

Shave My Poodle,
Kevin Sieg

No comments: