Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Goodbye Letter

Settle down...don't get over-excited. I'm not leaving Blogspot. I'm not moving anywhere. I'm definitely not going to kill myself. But I have thought about what would happen if I died suddenly.

See, the thing is, I have a lot of freetime at work when I close. All it is is putting boxes back on the shelf in a neat and orderly fashion. It takes almost no skill or brainpower whatsoever. This leaves me with a good 3-4 hours or so to think about random stuff. Usually I run through lines or songs if I'm currently in a Musical, but at the moment I'm on hiatus. Sometimes I think about my various sporting franchises on the PS2, basically making decisions for when I get home. Lame right?

Well, a couple nights ago, I was thinking about that song, "What Would You Say" and it got me thinking about what I would write if I knew I was dying and had only a short amount of time left. It's a pretty deep topic. I've spent a lot of time these last few days thinking about what really matters in my life, what loose ends I'd want to tie up. There are people who have done so much to shape my life that I've never really thanked. There are others I would want to encourage, let them know that they are God's light in this darkened world. There might even be one that I profess my love for, though I doubt if I ever actually will physically tell her. And of course, there would be goodbyes. Not your simple everyday ones, but long, heartfelt ones letting them know how much I've appreciated everything they've done with me and for me.

I'm not actually going to write this letter...at least not on here. I plan on getting a notebook and updating it yearly, but keeping it hidden and secret so no one will actually read it til after I'm gone, which hopefully won't be for a good many years. Still, I felt like sharing my idea, and maybe inspire others to do the same.

Kevin Sieg

1 comment:

lonelygirl18 said...

I know you'll never share this letter but if you did I would be the first one to read it.