Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun Times, Fun Times

The last couple of days have been just packed with neat little adventures, and because I've become increasingly lethargic about taking pictures of things, I'm going to have to type them out so I can look back and remember these times.

Let's start with Anything Goes. The spring show at the Guild always comes with swell times. For one thing, Jeff McLain is always in it. For another, it's the annual Purity Test. Also, we get to have cool parties at Jeff's house. come to think of it, everything good about the spring show is related to McLain. Don't get me wrong...I love to perform, and being with so many talented fun-loving people is a blast, but sometimes I just wish there was a way to do it without all the rehearsal. You know, just have the parties, the people, and the performances. Granted, the show wouldn't be nearly as rockin'...

What next? Let's go to basketball at the parent's place. This isn't just your average run-of-the-mill basketball game...this is a gloves-off, drag-down, knock-out fun fest! Matt and I teamed up with a 7 foot hoop to totally dominate the girls' team. Wonder what would happen with TWO hoops and twice as many people?...

Tonight was definitely a highlight. On facebook, I'm referring to it as "one of Life's Little Moments" It was originally supposed to be a rollerskating party for The Bridge college group, but everyone was busy...everyone except Jenn.

Let me tell you about Jenn. She was in Anything Goes with me, and when I met her, I thought she was in High school...turns out, she's actually 22 and attending UW Eau Claire. Who knew? I only found out because I got roped into attending V-Ball this year. As much as I like dancing, I wasn't sure how I was going to do with 7 hours of crowded dance floors. Lucky for me, God has a plan. Not long after I arrived, I bumped into Jenn. She was by herself, and we started talking. Things just clicked. We spent the whole night hanging out and I had a fabulous time.

Anyway, back to the original point. Jenn was able to come rollerskating, and though she was a bit wobbly, the night flew by. We ended it with a stop at DQ, where I pulled out the old "salt shaker through the table" trick. Good times were had by all.

As a sidenote, the two of us are NOT dating. We're just friends, and the rest is in God's hands. For now, I'm just going to continue enjoying her company as we try out the many amenities of Eau Claire.

Peace, Yo!
Kevin

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Awesome! Sounds like a grand time