Monday, August 1, 2011

Blog Post 2011: This time, it's for real.

Well, since I've deleted my previous last post, it looks like it's been forever since I wrote on here. Actually, even with that post it's been a long time. I always mean to write things, but I never seem to be near a computer when I have thoughts. I often think that it'd be nice to have a transcript of my daily thoughts that I could peruse, edit, and post on a regular basis. This would be especially helpful since my typing skills are atrocious. Thanks for nothing, Mavis Beacon.

I was planning on typing a long entry, but I forgot how hard this whole typing thing is, especially with this weird ergonomic keyboard Robert left us when he moved out. Also, it's after midnight, and can you really trust your thoughts at this time of day? I'm not sure some of the things I think about are necessarily appropriate for a blog setting. That being said, I've always been a proponent of saying what's on your mind. prevents a lot of confusion down the road, even if it means hurting some feelings in the immediate.

Tonight as I was laying in my bed, (yup, I got up to type this) my thoughts were on how fast time flies, and how little I've actually accomplished with my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the way things are, and there's a lot I wouldn't change, but not everything's perfect. Basically, I was thinking about me being almost 27, single, and living in a rented duplex with two other dudes who also have failed to do much with their respective lives, although one of them is making a solid effort at becoming a full fledged member of adult society. By that I mean he has a serious girlfriend, a couple jobs to earn some money, and is attempting to finish his degree so he can someday settle down and start a family. I respect that, and sometimes wish I had my life figured out.

Honestly, I don't think the college route is a viable option for me at this point. I realize the pay is not great, but I love my job at Kohl's, and think I could be happy doing it for the next 50 years. The problem is that I will eventually run out of roommates, and unless I figure out how to get these credit cards payed off, I'll never be able to afford a place of my own. Anyone got a basement they could let some foolish lad live in? I'm not currently in the market, but somewhere down the road I might be...

Once again, I promise to write more soon, but that is one promise I never seem to be able to keep.

Kevin

No comments: